Melanie Jones is a Learning and Development Coach. Melanie’s passion to make a difference by fostering self-awareness in people of all ages has driven her career. Her objective is to supply people, young and old with tools that inspire their personal and professional development.
Melanie has combined her passion in both the corporate and non-profit sectors. Melanie is deeply committed to leveraging employee effectiveness. Melanie has efficiently led the analysis, design, development, delivery and evaluation of scalable, global talent development programs for a variety of audiences. Melanie has rich history of success building trust when creating and identifying programs that transform and motivate employee behavior resulting in effective organizational change.
Well-known institutions such as Genentech, Invitae, Stanford University, The Fresh Air Fund, the National Alopecia Areata Foundation, Friends of the Children, the National Psoriasis Foundation and UCSF Child Life Department have employed Melanie as a consultant and speaker. She has worked with the prestigious Eisenhower Foundation and the International Diplomacy Council.
Melanie earned her BA in Sociology from the University of San Francisco and an MS in Organization Development from the University of San Francisco. Melanie received formal public speaking training from Power Speak Inc. She also studied under Paula Statman, a speech coach.
Melanie is a native San Franciscan. What gives Melanie joy is hiking in nature, dancing, skiing and belly laughs. What grounds her is meditation and the belief people are powerful with gifts to offer the world.
Certifications & Training
- Compassion Cultivation Training: Stanford School of Medicine
- Mediation Competencies Training
- Leadership Institute(SIYLY): Leadership & Emotional Awareness
- Power Speaking, Inc. – Speech and Presentation
- Coaching Certification ICF PCC
- LinkedIn Conscious Business Certification
Community Involvement & Accomplishments
- International Child Resource Institute – Board of Member
- The Shinnyo-en Foundation Community Leader Award
- Danced with Bolshoi Ballet at 10 Years of Age